Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Jordan is my Mardi Gras

Tomorrow will be the First Day of Lent.
How should I prepare for the forty days of penance?
Jordan reminds me of Jesus' Baptism
And the Beginning of his Public Ministry.

While others enjoy their Mardi Gras
I want to celebrate it reflecting on my own baptism.
The day I was offered by my parents
And welcomed by the Faith Community.

My baptism marked the beginning of a journey
A gradual process of maturing in faith.
Forty-two years have passed,
Where am I now in relation to my God?

I am tempted to go back to the past
To trace my ups and downs
For there I hope to see the hand
Of my loving Creator guiding every step I made.

But the time is now
For me to conclude this post
For the Will of God is in the Now
So, His Will be done.

No comments: