Tuesday, February 5, 2008

I am the least in the kingdom

Reading the Word of Life for this month,
Begins my lenten retreat
Shame to me for I haven't made enough effort
To preach the gospel of the Lord.

Have I been considerate and understanding
Instead of being angry?
Have I forgiven those who wronged me
and thought no vegeance against them?

Have I been truthful to my neighbors
and treat them as brethren?
Have I done the good things to others
actions that I wanted be done to me?

Have I been faithful in living out the word
before it comes out from my mouth?
Have I practice so well
to be expert in the art of loving?

Lord, come to my life
and teach me to love as you have loved.
I am weak and know not how to speak
so strengthen my veins and guide my lips.

Let me listen to your voice alone
and silence the noisy voices of the world.
Make me a disciple of reciprocal love
with those you bring closer to me now.

Nothing in the past I can boast of
for I am the least among your chosen ones
But happy I am to have known you
and tried to do your will.

Renew my joy and creativity
in obeying your Will day by day
And polish my life of unity
with every brother and sister who come my way.

No comments: